Live events are a complete waste of everyone’s time!
Have you ever heard that? I have, and I expect you have at some point or another. And probably from someone who doesn’t want to spend any money on an offsite conference or doesn’t want to leave their desk.
Let me give you some reasons why your company needs live events:
1. NOTHING replaces human contact. Video conferences are never going to give you that gut feeling you have when you hear a really inspiring speaker live or when you shake the hand (yes, human contact!) of someone who you connect with and who you know is going make an impact on your life or career.
2. Networking. Live events are not all about listening to speakers. Even if your event has a full programme of lectures, your delegates are still going to have time for coffee breaks and lunch. These precious moments are the chance for delegates to exchange business cards, discuss issues that they may not want to touch on in the office, or simply to get to know colleagues in other departments.
3. Motivation. Hearing a really motivational speaker can be one of the defining moments in a person’s career. Take Simon Sinek, for example. He is hugely inspiring to hear even on Youtube. So imagine what kind of motivation that could create in your workforce – the fire and enthusiasm that motivational speakers can spark. Sometimes, just getting staff out of the office can open up creativity that they may not have realised exists with themselves.
4. Incentive and Reward. It doesn’t have to be all work, work, work. Even in the most packed conference schedule the organiser can find some time for an incentive of some description. It doesn’t have to be an enormous sweeping gesture (although they are always appreciated!). It could be something much more modest and understated, like a small gift at lunchtime or on the delegates’ seats. Biscuiteers make some beautiful, personalised, iced biscuits (see above) that not only give the chance to present a gift, but also a branding opportunity. There is no excuse not to let your employees know how much they are appreciated.
5. Aspirational. Picture this: you approach the entrance of the conference centre. A tree-lined drive meanders towards the stately home turned conference centre and you can glimpse it over the perfectly manicured lawns. A wide sweeping courtyard welcomes you and the smell of coffee and freshly baked pastries greets you as step into the foyer. You are immediately welcomed by a dedicated event manager and directed to your meeting room for refreshments. Instantly you feel like a VIP. Someone has taken the trouble to make you feel like this – the company you work for.
Every offsite meeting should feel like this. Pick your venue with care and it is a powerful, aspirational tool.
Call us now on +44 (0)333 355 0845 to find the ideal venue for your event.