Often when we talk or meet with clients they have questions about how we work and the service we provide. I thought it would be useful to share a few of the more commonly asked questions about Mayfair Venues and the services of a venue finder:
- What sort of events do you find venues for? Every kind of event that needs an offsite venue (a venue that is not your office!). We organise venues for every sort of corporate event from residential conferences to Christmas parties to exhibitions.
- I’m in a bit of a rush. How quickly can you find me a venue? You can set the deadline. We usually work to a deadline of 24 hours (subject to timezone differences), but if you need some options for your event sooner than that we are more than happy to work to your deadline.
- How much does your service cost? – Nothing, nada, zilch! Our worldwide venue finding service is free of charge to our clients.
- So how to do you get paid? - We are paid a small percentage commission by the venue for the confirmed business that is placed with them. We are only paid if the event goes ahead.
- Does that mean that the venues “mark up” on the cost? Absolutely not. We would not even consider working with a venue that would do such a thing. Our payment usually comes out of the venue’s marketing budget.
- Do you work worldwide? Yes. Our venue finding service extends across the globe. Many key destinations we know personally and if we don’t know a destination, we know someone who does!
- Have you visited the venues you work with? Yes, we try (where possible) to visit and inspect each venue that we use. It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it..! And we always recommend that our clients have a site inspection of the venues on their shortlist before making a decision.
- What other services do you provide? All things conference. We can help you with conference logistics and transport, audio-visual equipment, partner programmes, event theming and décor, and the list goes on…. Of course, being a small company we are not able to provide all these services personally, but we have a group of long-standing and trusted partners who specialise in particular services.
- Couldn’t I just do it myself? Well, maybe, if you didn’t have 101 other important things to do in your daily worklife. We specialise entirely in venue-finding, we know the venues that would work for you, the secrets to getting a good price, negotiating tricks and ideal destinations. We are constantly keeping abreast of new openings, special offers and those fabulous venues that create the “wow” factor for your event. If you saw the number of brochures and emails we receive each day with details of venues to be included in our database, I am pretty sure you wouldn’t want that cluttering up your desk!
If you have any questions yourself about how a venue finder works or how we can help you with your next event, we’d love to hear from you. We are at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)333 355 0845